Social Media Community Specialist
EF Go Ahead Tours (a division of EF Education First)
Cambridge, MA, United States
At EF Go Ahead Tours we believe youre never too old to be a student of the world. For over 25 years, we have guided individuals across the globe through carefully crafted group travel. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it. Every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
About the role:
This position with sit on the Boston based Marketing team and work closely with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing and Social Media Content Specialist.
We are looking for a strong communicator who can be the voice of EF Go Ahead Tours across our social channels. As the Social Media Community Specialist, you will focus on community management and engagement, developing strategies that result in the growth of our business.
Your contribution in this position will help inspire adults of all ages to book a dream trip for life-changing travel experiences across the globe.
- Master EF Go Ahead Tours brand voice and represent our brand across all social channels (incl. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest)
- Actively engage with the social community, responding to comments and questions, direct messages, and conversations in real time
- Engage with potential customers and develop social nurturing strategies that drive prospects further down the funnel
- Collaborate with the sales and service teams, helping potential customers book their travel plans, and assisting future-booked travelers with any questions they may have
- Help to increase our brand awareness by engaging with external brands, conversation threads, and individual contributors via social outreach
- Strategize with social media team around tactics to increase engagement and follower count
- Monitor and respond to reviews on Facebook, Google, Better Business Bureau, etc. and iterate on strategy to generate new reviews
- Manage community guidelines and monitor conversations in existing social community groups; aid in identifying opportunities for expansion
- Keep a pulse on the customer sentiment as well as the content that is resonating best with our community, and share those insights on a regular basis with the larger marketing team
- Continue collection of UGC photos, stories, and quotes, and solicit usage permissions/documentation
- Assist with pulling and maintaining monthly social reports via Google Analytics and Tableau
- Stay up to date with new social media best practices, technology, and emerging trends and communicate this knowledge to the team
- Maintain social media team inbox and monitor potential collaboration opportunities
- Night and weekend social channel monitoring will be required
- At least 2+ years hands-on experience in social community management
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience growing social media communities (on Facebook and Instagram at a minimum)
- Familiar with social media publishing and monitoring tools (Hootsuite, Later, Planoly, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with Tableau a plus
Bonus Points if
- You have experience with Photoshop
- You have dabbled with video editing
- Why Youll Love Working Here: Perks, Benefits and Earning Potential
Work in our North American Headquarters where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and employee-run social groups (including our EF-finity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]). In addition, you can expect:
- Paid International Business Travel opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth: robust monthly calendar of trainings, workshops and TED Talk style sessions
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two), in addition to 9 paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Market-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by EF instructors and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- $1500 annual tuition reimbursement and $500 annual charity matching
- EF Product Discounts (discounts on travel, international language schools, childcare with our Au Pair product and more)
- Dependent care, healthcare and commuter Flex Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.