Linus Health is a Boston-based digital health company focused on transforming brain health for people across the world. By advancing how we detect and address cognitive and brain disorders leveraging cutting-edge neuroscience, clinical expertise, and artificial intelligence our goal is to enable a future where people can live longer, happier, and healthier lives with better brain health.
We are a team of 90+(and growing!), embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading
Please note that this is an 100% REMOTE role and can be located anywhere based in the US or Canada.
What Youll Do:
- Leverage best practices to champion and design a cloud-native, secure, and scalable software platform
- Collaborate across the engineering and product organizations to elicit application requirements
- Craft, propose, and document architecture designs, and implement systems to fulfill business initiatives.
- Define and estimate required work, provide advice on system designs, track dependencies, report progress, highlight blockers, and validate architecture guidelines are followed.
- Evaluate, guide and recommend architecture patterns, implementation approaches and other platform and/or tooling choices
- Lead software development projects, and perform design and code reviews
- Design and develop proof of concept implementations of new technology or design recommendations
- Assist with implementation of API contracts, software architecture patterns, feature development, and other hands-on tasks to meet both current and future business needs
- Engage with technical stakeholders of the client and third parties to understand how their systems work
- Extensive experience architecting software composed of multiple components/microservices
- Experience developing cloud native applications
- Experience with containers and other computational abstractions
- Experience building asynchronous, event driven services
- Experience writing high-quality application code using emerging technologies and frameworks primarily targeting cloud-based ecosystems (AWS Preferred)
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening), with ability to build positive working relationships across multiple groups within the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of software and integration design patterns
- Know when and what to log and experience building observable systems
- Hands on API design and implementation experience
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation and diagrams
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores and their applicable use cases
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with Serverless technologies (AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Cloud Functions)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Digital health / healthtech experience
- Startup or early stage company experience
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognoses of peoples mental and brain health trajectory
- A mission driven environment where all 90+ employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO -- We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health: We have recently implemented a monthly flex day where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(k) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions
- Comp Target - 175-230K + Bonus + Equity
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.