Chewy is hiring a Software Development Manager for our Order Release, Customization and Drop Ship platform team in Boston, MA. The Order Release platform is responsible for managing the lifecycle of sending orders to our warehouses to be fulfilled as well as the customization and personalization of custom orders. In addition, this role will also be responsible for the engineering that delivers our Drop Ship program. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this platform. This role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
What you'll do:
- Manage and lead a team of 3-7 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewys next generation Order Release, Customization (ORC) and Drop Ship Platforms
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams as the subject matter expert for your team.
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue to build your team and mentor the growth of the existing team.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Fluency in 1 or more programming languages and database technologies
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Position may require travel
- E-commerce experience
- Java experience
- AWS development experience
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com