EF High School Exchange Year (HSEY), part of the EF Group, is seeking a passionate and driven Backend/Full Stack Engineer to join our US based production development team. We are looking for someone who is excited to learn new technologies and frameworks while improving our systems and building their skills. Day to day you will work with our US team on our internal software suite but will also have the chance to work on integrations and projects with our international tech teams.
- 3+ years of production environment professional experience in backend development, or full stack development, utilizing C#.
- Experience working in SQL and NoSQL databases patterns. SQL Server, MongoDB, or ELK a plus.
- In depth understanding of software development fundamentals
- A team player, being able to work on projects between local team members and members of our global Salesforce and Marketing development teams
- Desire to continue learning, asking questions, and developing professionally/personally with the team.
- Experience in Azure Cloud services and Azure Dev-ops
- Experience with JIRA and scrum agile methodology
- Any experience in a front-end languages such as Vue, React, or Knockout
Why youll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]).
You can expect:
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days working from home per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Paid international business travel
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF High School Exchange Year
EF High School Exchange Year connects enthusiastic high school students from around the world with caring families across the USA, UK & Ireland. Together, we build bonds of friendship and trust that have the power to change the world.
Since 1979, our team of dedicated local coordinators and staff have helped over 90,000 students from nearly 40 countries participate in international exchange programs. Our tradition of excellence combined with our unparalleled support on the local and national levels, has made us the world leader in high school exchange.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.