Chewy is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Autoship engineering team. The expectations of the candidate will be the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications and related integrations. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewys fastest most important revenue streams. The Account & Autoship team is responsible for the customers account management section and all of the customers Autoship interactions on Chewy.com. Autoship is a service that Chewy offers to customers so that they can receive items that they purchase often, on an automatic shipment schedule. The teams goal is to create a frictionless customer experience as we build, learn and iterate on our core and new capabilities.
What Youll Do:
- Design and build new features and capabilities across Account & Autoship platform and customer experience
- Write scalable, performant, readable and tested code
- Drive technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Write documentation
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Refine our software frameworks, processes and standards
- Take responsibility and ownership of project timelines and deliverables
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- Fluency in 1 or more programming languages such as Front end frameworks like React/Vue, Node JS, Java and database technologies
- Knowledge of modern software development technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot, and Docker
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills as well as experience in mentoring and educating your peers
- Bachelors Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- No travel expectation.
- E-commerce experience
- NodeJS experience
- Full stack experience
- AWS development experience
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Asynchronous programming patterns
- Large scale public facing websites
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].