Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Our engineering team is comprised of the Applications Team, the Platform Team, and the Customer Engineering Team. The Customer Engineering Team is responsible for:
- Working closely with scientists and customers to develop extensions on top of Benchling's developer platform
- Integrating Benchling into customer's scientific and IT systems organizations
- Enabling our Customer Success team with automation
- Publishing sample applications that are built on top of the Benchling platform and APIs
- Improving the quality of our external APIs by acting as the customer
WHAT YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Own projects end-to-end, from initial design, to prototype, to large-scale rollout.
- Design and implement product integrations for complex scientific workflows.
- Work closely with product managers and customers to understand scientific requirements and IT integrations, and then translate those into software extensions.
- Help rapidly scale our product and team. As a member of the engineering team, you'll be an integral part of how we mature our tooling, best practices, engineering processes, and hiring.
- Robot and machine integration - Scientists are increasingly using automated hardware in the lab to perform measurements. By integrating Benchling with machines like liquid handlers, we are working toward a world where a scientist can perform a physical experiment entirely using software.
- Tools to unlock growth - As the Benchling product and business continue to scale, we have an increasing need for internal automation. We want to set up our teams for success by building tools to solve their greatest needs anything from revamping our deployment infrastructure, to creating analytics dashboards for customers, to overhauling our API library.
- API applications - Large biotech and pharmaceutical companies leverage the Benchling data platform to meet their complex scientific workflows. We enable them by building applications to demonstrate the power of the Benchling platform, such as a barcode scanner integration or BI dashboards built on top of the Benchling data warehouse.
- Have experience or a background in software engineering in the life sciences field.
- Have a solid understanding of typical in-house or third-party LIMS systems at major pharma, agriculture, or materials science companies.
- Enjoy interacting with customers and working across functions within a company.
- Build software with a product-first approach. You ship code quickly and care about the real world impact of your code.
- Have strong abilities in problem solving and iterating on feedback.
- Enjoy ownership and building key pieces of product.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.