Front End Engineer
At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
At Turbonomic, an IBM company, we work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance, eliminating error messages, spinning wheels and business disruptions. Turbonomics Application Resource Management (ARM) platform continuously assures that applications get precisely the right resources needed to perform, while maintaining policy compliance and eliminating overspending. Our Network Performance Management (NPM) technology provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their network infrastructure, and simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers, and managed service providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance. Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of AI-driven hybrid cloud.
Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the sixth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Companys Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we have locked in partnerships with technology giants like Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
What you'll be doing:
- Directly impact thousands of customers by making their day-to-day jobs easier by building delightful, responsive UI.
- Work closely with a multitude of scrum teams to take product UI features from inception to a delivered realization.
- Iterate on UI/UX through incremental deliveries and grooming requirements through user testing and private previews.
- Participate in architectural discussions, help define/maintain codebase best practices, and write quality, reusable code.
- Participate in code reviews (reviewer and reviewee).
- Mentor and pair with other engineers.
- Show off your technical passions by creating tech talks to present to the development organization (if you want to).
- Learn a ton about cloud computing, virtualized infrastructure, and application performance management.
- Make our product better for our customers, advocate for them, and work with customer first mindset.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions.
- Manage your time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Take ownership of your work and jump at opportunities to take designs and UIs to the next level by adding your design expertise to the mix.
- Engage others by presenting design ideas to engineers, product management and other teams.
- Provide front-end coding and design expertise.
- Participate and encourage innovation.
- Learn and grow! Allow Turbonomic to help you on your career journey.
- 2-3 years of experience with Angular, React, Vue, or other modern JS framework (Preferably Angular)
- Strong understanding of core OOP practices
- Familiarity with TypeScript (or experience with other strongly typed languages)
- Experience with UI testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma (preferably Jest)
- Experience with SVG based visualization frameworks like D3.js, C3.js, FusionCharts etc.
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming
- Understanding of UI build tools such as Webpack
- Understanding of Design Patterns and when/how to apply them
- Strong ability to break down UI designs into extensible/modifiable/reusable/responsive component architectures
- Strong empathy for users and an aptitude for solving their problems through UI design
- Experience with AngularJS and/or Angular2+
- Experience building/using UI design systems
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with Java
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered.
- Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? Youll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a special initiative, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you dont check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
By submitting your application and information to Turbonomic an IBM Company you acknowledge and agree that your information can be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.