Software Engineer II - DevOps (Remote Works from Home)
At SumTotal, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated software professional who is excited to work in a fast-paced DevOps environment delivering high quality SaaS products on a consistent and frequent basis. To write scalable, maintainable, efficient and elegant code to enhance our deployment products, each of our DevOps engineer works jointly with architects, engineers & cloud operations to form a fully autonomous development squad.
- Create automated tools for hosted and self-hosted customers
- Monitor and maintain deployed production systems (Demo Environments) and resolve performance and stability issues in the deployed environment
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate development, testing & deployment strategies and implementation
- Develop enhancements to automation platform including work on existing roadmap, research and testing of new tools to further automate deployment and operations processes
- Apply innovative and proactive approaches to improve the server provisioning and deployment processes in AWS/Azure/VMware environments
- Provide timely bug fixes as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 3+ years of enterprise software development experience in Microsoft Technology stack including but not limited to .Net Framework, Angular JS, SQL Server, MVC
- Solid working knowledge and experience using Power Shell for Windows & Linux shell scripts
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work closely with team members.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS & VMWare platforms is strongly preferred
- Knowledge in version-control systems like GIT is added advantage
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.