Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Operational Engineering teams are responsible for all of the supply chain systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfairs business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
What Youll Do:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, youll be responsible for leading technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within a team of high performing engineers that will shape the future of e-Commerce
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various technical trade offs including speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability and others.
- Provide high quality code reviews and scalable architectural designs
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization
What Youll Need:
- Passion for leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery, cross-functional consensus building and influencing design decisions
- Ample experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews
- Proficient in designing systems at scale and relational database schema design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.