Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - its visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products: Home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. We work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like theyve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we help make that happen.
Our team helps our customers effortlessly discover everything to complete their shopping needs. Whether that's figuring out which product best satisfies their needs/preferences, or discovering coordinating items to complete their space, we remove the effort and anxiety associated with completing these tasks themself.
What You'll Do
- Drive development for complex mobile initiatives, including architecting and developing new features, application maintenance and refactoring, and increased performance and automation.
- Define best practices and coding standards across the entire team; review code and provide guidance for other code reviewers participating in our release approval process. Being passionate about test coverage and quality engineering are paramount.
- Use data and metrics to collaboratively drive impactful changes across the application; work closely with product and engineering management to anticipate areas for improvement and investment, and highlight these for inclusion in the team's project roadmap.
- Work with application platforms team to ensure best-in-class development environment and tooling for feature teams, enabling faster and more seamless development of feature work across the platform.
- Frequently interface and interact with quality, UX, back-end/API, product, analytics, and other teams.
- Evaluate other frameworks and libraries for inclusion in our dev process and address key areas of architectural vulnerability across our codebase.
- Though primarily focused on iOS, collaborate with Android and full-stack teams to ensure architecture and solutions are robust and aligned.
- Share knowledge, experience, and best practices through mentoring, tech talks, and presentations.
What You'll Need
- A passion for technology. You love untangling and bringing order to complex systems
- A passion for customer-driven design and development. Its not just about executing on a project specification handed to you by a stakeholder, but about working together to figure out exactly what the customer wants, and delivering it to them
- 4+ years industry experience preferred
- Extensive experience with native iOS application development
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Backend development experience in PHP or Java is a plus
- GraphQL experience a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.