Software Engineer II, Machine Learning Platform
Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Wayfairs community of Engineers are obsessed with using data and technology to ensure our customers can build a home that they love. Our platforms support millions of people searching every day for the perfect item, and provide a unique purchase and delivery experience. Come help us innovate and grow to our next $10B in revenue!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer || to join our Machine Learning Platforms team that is building Wayfairs cutting edge platforms that will enable us to deliver world class ML solutions that are helping serve our customers across their journey with Wayfair. The work includes but is not limited to the intricacies involved in developing scalable platform capabilities for feature management, model training and deploying models across a range of business functions. In a nutshell these platforms power the model development lifecycle and cater to the diverse use cases across our global community of hundreds of data scientists.
What You'll Do:
- Work with senior leadership to architect Wayfairs Machine Learning platforms and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner
- Leverage your deep knowledge of distributed systems engineering to build Wayfairs next generation Machine Learning capabilities
- Design scalable systems using Python, Go, Kubernetes, Kafka, GCP, Airflow, and other technologies
- Think outside of the current technology/stack limitations to push the boundaries on what is possible and deliver feasible solutions collaboratively
- Champion open source solutions and Google Cloud native technologies, and their application to our use cases
- Develop end to end software solutions that power the full range of Machine Learning initiatives at Wayfair
- Partner with product leaders to understand technical pain points for data scientists and other engineers and translate them into clear and robust engineering solutions
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and strengthen the technical expertise of our engineering and product teams
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering and designing systems at scale
- 1+ years of experience in Linux-based development, and Python development while leading engineering teams
- Strong understanding of containerization (Docker, etc.), and associated software engineering best practices
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence technical decisions to line up with the companys strategy
- Hands-on experience driving software development within high-growth environments at scale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and hypothesis- driven critical thinking skills to transform data into actionable insights
Nice to Have:
- Mix of start-up and large-company experience working on Machine Learning solutions
- Familiarity with Machine Learning platforms offered by Google Cloud and how to implement them on a large scale
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.