Who We Are:
Wayfair is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Third-party suppliers sell indoor and outdoor furniture, rugs, kitchen goods, bed and bath products, storage options, pet items, and a whole lot more on Wayfair - more than 18 million products for the home across the site.
Wayfair has always been a consumer focused application, however it is expanding. The Supplier Engineering Group is now building cutting-edge applications and self-service tools which will aid Wayfair sellers in every step of the e-commerce journey. From onboarding, to creating and updating their product catalog, to improving the merchandising and pricing of individual products - we will be offering guidance and recommending world-class solutions at every step. Our goal is to make it as easy for anyone to sell on Wayfair as it is to buy from Wayfair.
The Supplier Engineering Group has been tasked with spearheading the next set of major growth for Wayfair as we strive towards our goal of growing from a 14 billion dollar company to a 100 billion dollar company. With this comes the opportunity for you to work on and lead high visibility projects that have an extremely high impact on Wayfair. Furthermore, you will be greenfielding the way were going to build applications for our sellers going forward.
- As a top priority group, Wayfair is committed to investing heavily in the newest tools and technologies for us as we work to redefine and build a selling experience to complement Wayfairs world-class e-commerce platform.
- We build rich applications using the latest frontend technologies, as well as define advanced application architectures using React, GraphQL, WebPack and more.
- We create new services using Python with FastAPI or Java with Spring Boot, which are fully Dockerized to process millions of data points to get products delivered to the storefront in near real-time.
- We work closely with platform and developer enablement teams to create new rapid development tools which improve the experience for our software engineers.
What You'll Do:
- As a Software Engineer II, youll be responsible for leading technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within a team of high performing engineers that will shape the future of e-commerce
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various technical trade offs including speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability and others
- Provide high quality code reviews and scalable architectural designs
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization
What You'll Need:
- Passion for leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery, cross-functional consensus building and influencing design decisions
- Ample experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews
- Proficient in designing systems at scale and relational database schema design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.