Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Our Life Sciences customers need rapid development and deployment of enterprise-level Veeva Vault applications built on a solid platform that is massively scalable, reliable, and highly available. Vault applications are industry-standard SaaS systems supporting various life sciences domains such as clinical research and trials, ensuring compliance with regulations, manufacturing, quality, producing life-saving medicines, and more.
Vault Platform comprising several infrastructure components is the backbone of Vault Applications. The platform should handle large quantities of data with high performance and accuracy. We seek Software Engineers passionate about designing and implementing a highly available, distributed, and secure system on a cloud platform. Your work will provide generic frameworks, APIs, and services used to build Vault applications. You will be responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open-source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, highly available, and immutable platform that powers all the applications built on the Vault platform.
You have extensive experience in Java and the latest open source technologies with performance in mind. Ideal candidates have worked in enterprise software development or for a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Architects, Product Management, Development & QA team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to complex problems
- Optimize and improve existing infrastructure, architecture, and processes to take advantage of cloud platforms
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, to support and maintenance
- Design and build systems that are scalable, reliable, highly available, and easily maintainable
- Build multi-tenant RESTful services at scale
- Mentor junior engineers
- Monitoring performance over time or troubleshooting issues with production
- 3+ years of software development in Java, preferably at an enterprise software company using Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source technologies: Spring, Maven/Gradle, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Hands-on programming experience with many AWS APIs and technologies: EC2, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, S3, EBS, VPC, Security Groups, EKS
- Experience with scripting such as Linux Shell, Python
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
Perks & Benefits
- Work Anywhere
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. For US compensation ranges click here.