Locations: Boston, MA or Austin, TX
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The International Supply Chain Team (ISC) is embarking on a new journey to build our own core operating system (NaviOS) to power our growing freight forwarding business. Today, the combination of 3rd party tools and in-house addons powers the business. This system has allowed the business to grow so far, but NaviOS will be the platform of the future which will serve as the single source of truth for tracking the real world digitally. You will be instrumental to the success of this very high profile project.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage a team of 5 - 9 engineers focused on building services, integrations and tools powering ISC Business and its interactions with partners.
- Own the output of the team both from a technical and performance perspective.
- Mentor engineers in the team through training, coaching, code reviews, and 1:1 mentorship providing career and professional development for your staff.
- Work not only within your pod, but across ISC Eng. and wider Wayfair Eng. to create and leverage standard APIs.
- Accountable for the systems built by your team including technical design, development, test, monitoring, and deployment.
- Engage your team to construct the technical roadmap and lead planning, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Partner with product on defining roadmaps and ensure the team has a compelling mission with well defined KPIs to measure progress and success.
- Raise the bar from both a technical and process perspective.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience managing a high performing engineering team.
- Proven track record of leading green field and maintaining legacy projects
- Ability to think creatively and find opportunities in processes, code and architecture to improve
- Team Player with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross functionally with design and product counterparts
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.