The Journey team within Service Engineering creates end-to-end experiences for post order tasks that involve order tracking, order modifications, cancellations, returns, replacements and others. It enables our customers to receive help online through self-service and enables customer service agents to solve customer problems. The overall goals are to reduce contacts, to reduce the average handle time of contacts, to increase self-service adoption and to offer efficient resolutions to our customers that optimize overall cost.
The team is responsible for providing best-in-class customer experience by providing robust and scalable applications built on services and APIs provided by our Service and Order Platforms. The team works with Data Engineering, Data Science and other Service Engineering teams to support various business stakeholders. Our products are geared towards helping customers and agents be a part of world-class post order experience that includes goal-oriented online automated chat, virtual assistants, and recommendations in search.
We look for entrepreneurial individuals who want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop, and grow a team that consistently creates measurable value for Wayfair
- Interface with product, business, other Wayfair teams and engineers to create and refine a quarterly strategy
- Oversee the development, deployment and maintenance of production models using both internal and external solutions
- Continuously raise the technical bar of the team by bringing in top technical talent and take ownership of creating a culture of excellence where future technical leaders thrive and grow
- Deal with rapidly evolving business priorities
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to design a highly scalable and robust solution
What You Will Need:
- Professional experience of leading a team that builds and deploys apps to production, in real-time and batch mode, at scale
- Strong understanding in data structures, algorithms and software design concepts
- Prior experience in React, Typescript, PHP, Python, GraphQL and Java
- Strong understanding in model inferencing lifecycle, Monitoring, feedback loop and data capture in real time at scale
- Experience in Agile methodologies
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.