Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
- The Sales, Service and Enterprise platforms are focused on building and improving software that directly impacts customers, customer service agents, sales associates, Finance, Talent Management and external vendors. Our engineers are responsible for all the tools and processes to support these business-critical operations of Wayfair, along with supporting the continued enhancement and scaling capabilities of these systems. Engineers use data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth.
What Youll Do
- Manage a team of software engineers focused on a bounded domain with cross-functional impact
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative measures to build a capable team with strong leadership through effective performance management, headcount planning, hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement.
- Own features developed by your team in each phase of the software development lifecycle from problem space discovery to ongoing operation in user-facing environments
- Collaborate with functional experts across the whole team, particularly product owners, user experience, and physical operations team members, to build and maintain a robust, well understood product roadmap
- Break down complex initiatives into concrete iterative pieces balancing the best technical solutions with long term needs of customers, field associates, and the organization.
- Work with functional experts across the whole team to develop appropriate measures and monitors for customer, field associate, and operational outcomes as well as system performance.
- Drive improvements and provide visibility to progress via short feedback loops, data-driven decisions, and user feedback.
- Seek out, define, and evolve best practices within teams area of focus as well as initiatives that raise the standards across the organization.
What Youll Need
- 2+ years experience managing teams of software engineers that deliver business impacting applications
- Prior hands-on experience designing, building and maintaining full stack applications (we primarily use PHP, C#, and Python, though any language will do as long as you are willing to learn)
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Datastores (we primarily use SQL Server and Google Big Query)
- Thorough understanding of changing best practices in software engineering to help agile teams build resilient and scalable software
- Proficiency in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
- Proficiency in effective troubleshooting, issue resolution, and continuous improvement techniques
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.