Ocient is searching for an experienced Software Test Engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for solving hard problems to help define and implement test strategy to ensure the quality and robustness of Ocients cutting-edge data warehouse.
- Identify and implement test strategies and techniques to extend existing test methodologies
- Identify and remediate areas of needed additional functional test coverage
- Extend and optimize system-level testing, including load testing, stress testing, and failure-mode testing
- Develop test plans for new functionality
- Identify and implement efficient methods of maximizing test coverage within time and hardware constraints
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience testing software applications
- Strong knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Experience developing or maintaining test automation or frameworks
- Experience testing large, distributed software applications
- Experience testing SQL databases or writing SQL queries
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was one of the largest software startup exit in Chicagos history.