We are looking for a Solution Consultant to join our Client Solutions Group within our Sales division. You will be responsible for being the solution expert and providing comprehensive functionality, service and workflow knowledge during the sales process. You will serve as the domain and industry expert for athenahealth and will be responsible for creating and maintaining value driven presentations, focused on clinical and or financial solution demonstrations, and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and competitors. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a strong communicator who is able to command a room of varied audiences in order to influence a buyers perception. You are able to think on your feet, react quickly, and maintain composure in stressful situations. You are able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. You are a team player who is able to function collaboratively with a diverse team, both directing and taking direction.
The Team: The Client Solutions Group team is a multidisciplinary team who accelerates opportunities through the active pipeline by delivering a world class value-based story to the market that grows the network.
- Deliver professional sales presentations and demonstrations on the company and our cloud-based services
- Customize preparations and demonstrations to reflect the business understanding needs (discovery) of the prospect
- Work in tandem with sales executive to form comprehensive selling strategies for each sales opportunity.
- Work with other Solution Consultants on value selling, effective demonstration / presentation techniques, and other key responsibilities of the position.
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum of 5+ years working in an ambulatory care setting or / healthcare IT vendor in a customer facing and influencing position
- Ability to travel up to 70% (including occasional weekends and multiple prospect locations per week as needed)
- Proven sales presentation and demonstration skills
- Strong objection handling skills
- Experience or knowledge in selling to or supporting population health buyers/organizations or payers a bonus
- Excellent Communication Skills strong diagnostic listening skills supported by excellent, clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role will be based in either our Global Headquarters in Watertown, MA, just a few miles from Boston, or remotely in New England.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.