Email is one of the largest and most innovative marketing channels at Wayfair. Our mission is to drive customer growth and loyalty through a rigorous understanding of what our customer needs and how she behaves - meeting those needs via a continuous innovation and testing agenda on our in-house platforms and algorithms.
Why should you join our team?:
- We are a large and visible channel - you will drive more than 20% of revenue and have the attention of the most senior leaders at Wayfair - from the brand General Manager and Chief Marketing Officer to the Platform engineers and data science leads.
- Email is a highly technical and complex platform - you will combine your understanding of our customers with a thorough understanding of our tech stack and data science algorithms to drive product development and enhancements
- You will be challenged and grow to new heights - the learning curve is steep and you will develop and flex an extremely diverse set of skills. You will be a general manager, product manager, data scientist, business analyst, and creative, all rolled into one. This isnt easy, but previous email team members have stated that this is one of the best professional growth opportunities you will find at Wayfair.
What You'll Do:
- Own a multi-million dollar marketing channel, managing complex cross-functional partnerships and mining customer data to uncover insights that drive incremental customer lifetime value
- Own and drive the channel roadmap, identifying, sizing, and continuously testing on the millions of emails we send every week and pursuing new opportunities for channel growth
- Develop new ideas for platform innovation, and partner with engineering and product teams to prioritize and build new capabilities
- Build, iterate and innovate on world class predictive models through collaboration with data science teams
- Leverage deep analytics to root cause trends and develop strategic, data driven solutions to complex business problems
- Partner closely with creative and content teams to build a library of high performing marketing assets that bring our customers back to site
- Have fun!
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience working in a quantitative and analytical role
- Strong quantitative experience, with the ability to generate insights and solutions or build a story and strategy from large data sets
- Ability to independently own and execute on solutions to complex problems
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel and exposure to structured programming languages such as R, Python, or SQL
- Excellent critical thinking and verbal and written communication skills - ability to break down and communicate complex ideas and influence senior level and cross-functional stakeholders
- An ownership mindset with the ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment with a dynamic bias for action and a get stuff done attitude
- A desire to win as a team - collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others succeed and thrive
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.