Who We Are
Are you curious about what the next generation of e-commerce will look like in the next 5-10 years? Do you want to work at a revolutionary company where youll contribute to complex innovation? At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture & home goods using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions.
3D Operations is a fast-paced, growing team at Wayfair that manages the virtual factory building high quality, photorealistic 3D models and imagery for both internal and external customers. These assets allow Wayfair to raise the quality bar for e-commerce imagery, build out mission-critical proprietary brands, and power next-gen customer experiences like Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
Our team is looking for a forward-thinking Sr. Associate with a passion for operations, process improvement, and analytics who can guide requests throughout the production pipeline and be the critical connection point between our internal customers and the broader factory. Applicants for this role must be ready to optimize our processes in order to drive outsized results for our internal customers and brands. Note that no 3D experience is necessary.
What Youll Do
- Manage incoming 3D model and imagery demand as it enters the factory and ensure appropriate validations and processing
- Work with product and engineering teams to optimize our technology tools to intake customer orders, route them effectively to the correct place in the factory, and prioritize backlog of assignments
- Work with the factory teams to balance demand and capacity on a weekly basis and ensure we are working on the highest value assignments
- Track end-to-end production process, identify largest causes of falloff, and work cross-functionally to resolve issues
- Track proprietary 3D imagery coverage for our top brands on Wayfair, identify gaps, and execute one-off initiatives to improve coverage - recent examples include changing imagery metadata rules and how those affect site display, as well as putting a plan together to move from imaging one color option of a SKU to multiple color options
- Create standard reporting across these areas to track progress and identify largest areas for operational improvement
What Youll Need
- 2+ years of work experience (operations and/or analytics focus is a plus)
- Results-driven, organized team player with experience thriving in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Strong quantitative skills - analytical, problem-solving mindset with ability to find creative solutions
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Google suite, SQL and/or Google Big Query
- Strong business acumen - ability to understand how various parts of a business interact and can identify and approach multifaceted problems
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and ability to summarize data in visual formats
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.