The Senior Business Analytics & Insight Associate is responsible for developing and analyzing large datasets in support of the Revenue Recognition Accounting Team to assist in their efforts to create financial statements including explanations of revenue trends. The Sr. Associate is tasked with defining, building and delivering reporting on trends and key performance indicators (KPIs) that support a variety of revenue metrics. The Sr. Associate will work under the direction of the Business Analytics and Insight Team helping to generate insights into performance which will be used to support the reporting and meeting cadences between the business and ELT/the Board of Directors/Investors.
The Sr. Associate is also responsible for assisting in the completion of the month-end close process in conjunction with the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting. The Sr Associate reports directly to the Business Analytics & Insights Senior Manager and is part of the broader Financial org which include the Accounting function they will be supporting.
- Create and optimize KPI definitions and report on trends and performance on an ongoing basis, highlighting key insights to the Finance organization
- Analyze and interpret large datasets to determine trends and identify problems
- Work with the Revenue Accounting Team on how to utilize KPI and trends in the predictive portion of the monthly revenue recognition process
- Work closely with a variety of teams across the Company to understand customer/revenue databases and KPIs currently used and how to modify/align those to meet the needs of the Revenue Accounting Team
- Deliver on ad hoc projects and analyses aimed at improving financial forecasts
- Support governance of metric definitions and associated datasets by owning ongoing documentation and socialization of changes
- Participate in initiatives to develop and mature the corporate reporting framework (anything from creating new metrics to defining database architecture)
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree (required)
- 2+ years of business intelligence, data modeling/analysis, management consulting, corporate finance or other analytical/business strategy-related experience
- Experience working in or supporting B2B SaaS, tech or healthcare organizations preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Intermediate SQL skills required, R/Python experience a strong plus
- Experience with statistical modeling preferred
- Strong analytical skills, with some experience in financial modeling, data mining/modeling, and/or statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically in presenting data to non-analytical audiences
- Desire to tackle unstructured/distributed data to uncover critical insights and drive action a must
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.