About the Role
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience in cloud-native software development and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must along with an unbounded desire to learn new technologies and their application.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver and maintain cloud infrastructure, spanning on-prem, AWS and Azure.
- Develop and deliver features that will secure a DevSecOps platform
- Deliver features and updates to the infrastructure using Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Github, and other cloud-native tools.
- You will be responsible to manage and maintain secure integrations between tools like Github, Jenkins, JIRA, and many more.
- Configure and utilize a security information and event manager (SIEM)
- Containerization of services
- Securing data pipelines that include MySQL, zookeeper, and Kafka
- The development of Infrastructure as Code including Terraform, Ansible, and Helm
- DevSecOps principles and implementations
- Development in an agile methodology environment
- Security penetration testing and auditing using security-related tooling
- Industry standards-based documentation, certification, and accreditation such as NIST SP 800-53, FIPS 140-2/3, and Security Technical Implement Guides (STIGs) and bringing components into compliance with these standards
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- Familiarity and a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of:
- Applying security features in cloud providers (e.g, Azure AWS, etc.)
- Cloud orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Expert in cybersecurity principles, terms, and trends
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in cybersecurity-related arenas.
- Excellent programming skills in a Linux environment in one or more of Python, Java.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Experience with TLS protocol, its cipher suites, and enabling TLS mutual authentication
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education
- BS degree (Computer Science or equivalent professional experience).
- Self-managed, fast learner, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good listener.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative situations.
- Ability to brainstorm and represent competing ideas simultaneously.
- Growth mindset who is passionate about learning and applying new technologies.