We are looking for a Boston based Senior Counsel, Products and Retail to support our rapidly growing global business. The right candidate will be an integral part of our small legal team with broad responsibilities, designing and driving our roadmap and directly supporting the business on highly collaborative, cross-functional projects of all shapes and sizes. This attorney will provide advice and guidance to support retailing Wayfairs vast global catalog of 22 million+ products and will be focused on developing scalable and pragmatic policies that provide the best customer experience. This is a chance to make a real and visible impact on the success of Wayfairs most complex initiatives.
Principal responsibilities include providing ongoing legal guidance on regulated consumer products; counseling the business on product advertisements, promotions and marketing; providing day-to-day input on risk and strategy associated with launching new products, consumer protection and supply chain compliance, and serving as lead counsel on regulatory compliance matters with external parties.
A successful candidate will have a strong background in consumer products law, be hard-working, proactive, entrepreneurial and able to build consensus and apply sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with stakeholders and the broader legal team to support internal legal requests and organizational initiatives involving all aspects of retailing consumer products.
- Develop strategies for handling complex, high-visibility problems in creative, business-centric ways and leverage resources and technology to build processes that address regulatory risk and consumer product safety.
- Learn our business and industry, and develop and deploy a calibrated risk-based approach to complex and often uncertain legal issues.
- Play a leadership role in our organization; driving change, mentoring and coaching others, fostering inclusivity and influencing the broader business.
- Work will span the globe; current projects involve matters in Asia, North America and Europe.
What You'll Need
- 4-8+ years of experience in counseling clients, companies or regulatory agencies. Experience in matters involving consumer products and retail a strong plus.
- J.D. with top academic credentials and membership with at least one state bar.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to master new and unfamiliar areas of practice. Legal knowledge related to any of the following is a plus: e-commerce, commercial contracts, international expansion and sustainability.
- Highly effective, business-friendly and persuasive communication skills including excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills. Senior presence; able to serve as a thought partner to a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives.
- Embraces challenging situations with a solutions-oriented mindset; able to quickly build trust with stakeholders.
- Organized and able to project manage, prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, ambiguous and changing environment.
- Self-motivated to seek out challenges and tenacious in pursuit of excellent outcomes; willing to roll-up sleeves, pitch-in and tackle problems of all shapes and sizes.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.