We are looking for a UX Designer to join our Clinician Experience zone for athenaClinicals, an award-winning electronic health record and medical practice management solution. In this role, youll work closely with a multi-disciplinary agile R&D team to define, design and test product and digital service features. You will create valuable and delightful experiences for our users by crafting high quality solutions to complex problems.
But enough about us, lets talk about you.
You are passionate about design, informed by user-centered research. You love digging into meaty, complex problems, and finding ways to drive incremental improvements that keep us moving towards a long-term vision. You look forward to collaborating, not only with other designers on the team but with your teammates in product and engineering. You bring curiosity, empathy, and an open mind to everything you do. If you want to be a champion for our users and apply your skills to ambitious work, wed love for you to join the team.
The Team: Our Clinician Experience team is responsible for creating tools that enable our clients to care for patients and document that care easily and effectively. Were working to turn a complex and sometimes cumbersome process into a more intuitive, satisfying, and empowering experience for physicians and clinical staff.
- Develop a deep understanding of your scrum teams problem space
- Define high level solutions through workflows, information architecture diagrams, and conceptual models
- Design and run experiments to collect feedback from users
- Incorporate feedback and execute on detailed design iterations
- Build cross-functional team alignment and user empathy within your scrum team
- Masters or Bachelors in design or equivalent years of experience in a design role
- 1-3 years practical experience in design, design research, or allied field
- Self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity and complexity
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of US healthcare
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong analytical skills, great interaction design, and effective communication skills
- Our Vision:To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location:This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home toa number ofrestaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks:Along with health & financial benefits, ourathenistasare offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.