Does being on the inside of a transformational organization sound exciting to you? Well, read on! Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nations premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, were pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, youll be at the center of it all!
The Senior Director, UX Strategy & Design is responsible for leading the Digital Design organization for the CVS Health portfolio and providing strategic oversight on UX Design standards. This leader enables multiple creative UX teams, to design impactful consistent digital experiences across multiple channels. This leader understands the role of native and web mobile technology to enable end-to-end consumer journeys that interplay in the physical and digital spaces. This position calls for an inspirational, collaborative spirit with the ability to strategize and supervise creative and innovative solutions through design-thinking philosophy. The right candidate has led and developed large teams, is process and operational minded, can help drive vision and strategy, and has strong advocating and communication skills.
1. Grow and build high performing teams by hiring and furthering the best talent with a range of a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. Sets up teams for success through enablement, by giving team members responsibility and accountability.
Ensure teams are staffed correctly to be successful. Aim to appropriately deliver on priorities under tight deadlines; responsible for leading a large team of web and mobile UX employees and contractors.
Ensuring UX team meets agreed upon milestones, mitigating risk and maximizing process efficiency.
Identifying, mentoring, nurturing, and developing UX talent to empower the team to stay informed of changes in the industry, constantly learn and grow as individuals.
2. Enable the creation of plans and processes that align the people, culture, communications and output needed to take action, make decisions and create user centered experiences.
Identifies potential risks and subsequent mitigation strategies when developing plans.
Keep focused on long-term, strategic goals while executing against short-term objectives.
Understands how to prioritize work in a way that enables the organization to move forward.
3. Provide UX thought-leadership with a focus on converting strong conceptual thinking to impactful experiences.
Work with peers and partners to contribute concepts to product strategy, develop user journeys, and influence decision-making as it relates to defining impactful experiences.
Ensure that UX designs and interactions are accurately developed in final product for optimal effect and support of user goals.
Embody best-in-class UX thinking, unending curiosity and creative energy to achieve great outcomes and superior omnichannel experiences.
4. Gain insights into customer behavior and digital properties analytics to help drive product enhancements.
Leverage usability testing and other modes of user feedback and measurement to create better and more impactful experiences.
5. Establish strategic relationships within the Design organization, as well as Product and Engineering leadership across CVS Health. Commit to close collaboration with engineering to ensure what the experiences that are implemented by Engineering match what was designed. Understands the importance of working and achieving goals as a larger team.
12+ years experience and proven track record in product design
5+ years demonstrated experience designing responsive web and native mobile applications
Experience working directly with stakeholders and consumers to understand their needs, align their expectations, and balance competing demands
5+ years of experience leading, inspiring and organizing design teams to deliver top notch experiences
5+ years proven ability in understanding of user-centered design and product, development processes and demonstrated experience using these effectively
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Experience operating large teams, proven project management skills
Strong analytical and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate creative vision to varying audiences and at all levels of an organization
Deep experience working within an agile environment at an enterprise level
Positive influence that naturally encourages camaraderie among your peers
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.