The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
You will own one of EDBs strategic product lines including for the entire lifecycle - from shaping our future product roadmap - to launching your product - to understanding and optimizing in-market selling performance with our Sales and Marketing Teams.
You will bring strong strategic thinking, marketing abilities and technical savvy to understand our customers, markets, technology and competitive differentiation. Youll use those insights to create actionable business plans for your market segment and work closely with Product Management to shape our Product Roadmap and Marketing and Sales to orchestrate amazing product launches that make us the leader in each segment.
- Create and monitor the success of executable Strategic Business Plans and Market Opportunity Analysis for your product and market segments
- Identify customer needs, market trends and competitive landscape that impact commercial outcomes
- Partner with Product Management, Sales, and Engineering to define and deliver a product roadmap that supports the segment Strategic Business Plans
- Excite IT decision-makers, Cloud/Data Architects, and developers worldwide about EDBs capabilities and Postgres with compelling naming, messaging, pricing, positioning and product launches
- Be a sought-after evangelist and spokesperson for EDBs products for analysts, customers, events and press media worldwide
- Deeply understand our value proposition, roadmap, target markets and competition to support customer growth
- Energize the EDB team as a thought leader in driving EDB product strategy and vision
- 8+ years of B2B SaaS/Database product or developer marketing experience with an emphasis on enterprise business and technical decision makers
- Demonstrated capabilities in strategic marketing including market analysis, research and segmentation at an account and customer level
- Demonstrated capabilities in full-lifecycle product marketing from product definition through in-market product growth including launching, naming, positioning and pricing products
- Comfortable being an individual contributor, and working with, or influencing, teams
- Ability to craft sales-focused and customer-focused messaging
- Ability to write succinct, clear business documents for senior management review
- Ability to learn and lead at the same time
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technology field
- Prior Infrastructure Software, Database or Postgres knowledge
- Experience marketing and doing market strategy at a global level
- Experience working with and building developer communities
- Experience in Product Planning
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request