ERT is hiring a Sr. HR Business Partner! This person will be responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of HR for an assigned business unit or region. Partner with key business leaders on opportunities to leverage people to meet corporate strategic plans. Build and maintain influential relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an employee advocate. May provide guidance on employment law, coordinate performance management, and resolve employee relations issues as applicable. Act as an expert on human resources policies and procedures such as payroll, benefits, compensation, employee development, and recruiting.
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly — and with confidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands business strategy; partner with leadership team to create and implement strategy.
- Advise and influence management levels on all aspects of people management and leadership focusing on performance management, organization design, development and effectiveness.
- Partner with business as assigned to determine human resource needs in the areas of organization development.
- Assists in establishing a company culture supportive to business strategy and positive employee engagement.
- Participates in relevant leadership meetings to develop operating plans and ensure that the unit has the people, organization and culture to enable it to execute effectively to meet near term and longer range goals.
- Proactively identifies key business issues and the related people, organizational and cultural implications.
- Develops and implement best in class HR practices and programs across the unit or region to support business objectives, strategic priorities and company philosophy.
- Conducts exit interviews for employees at assigned location.
- Partners with Total Rewards COE in communication of compensation, benefits and related programs to designated business unit.
- Maximize employee engagement efforts generated from engagement survey results for to designated business unit.
- May provide employee relations support to designated business unit.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead or participate in global human resources projects as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
- BS/BA degree preferably in business administration with major concentration in Human Resources or related field of study. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- At least 5 or more years in Human Resource field, business partner experience preferred
- Demonstrated strategic capability
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local labor/human resources laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to influence and mediate conflict.
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and confidentiality in all matters.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Strong problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized and confident to work independently but will be a strong team player.
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word and Excel are required. Proficient in PowerPoint and HRIS systems required.
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and education, which may vary from the above listed qualifications.