Our team has fully embraced the distributed work model, whether you want to contribute from one of our many offices or remotely in the US.
As an engineer on the Media Foundation Client team, you'll be working on enabling Twitter to push the boundaries of what you can do with media in a tweet. Our work helps accelerate and drive the features that get rolled out to Twitter's users.
Why it matters:
Every day, hundreds of millions of Twitter users initiate tens of billions of interactions with the platform. Teams at Twitter want to be able to encourage communication via media, but the nitty-gritty of implementing media is tricky. Our team works on taking the nitty-gritty implementation details that have been handled by our partner Media Technology team and turning it into an easy-to-use media library.
Who we are:
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate, and solve problems together. Joining the team today means you’ll make the conversations of tomorrow possible. It’s not always easy, but nothing worth doing ever is.
The Media Foundation Client team participates in this mission by making sure that the teams building the most prominent features on the platform have the ability to integrate media without getting bogged down by implementation details. This critical part of our product infrastructure helps to multiply the efforts of other teams and guides the direction of the product.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing APIs that expose powerful media-related functionality, like encoding, performance, autoplay, and upload
- Designing architectural solutions to make using media as easy as possible for teams at Twitter
- Working with customers to understand their needs and prioritize how we can serve them
- Coordinating with backend teams to make sure that the solutions you're designing work holistically end-to-end for customer use cases
- Collaborating closely with your counterparts on Web and Android to drive consistency between platforms
- Helping to iterate on the day to day processes the team uses to ensure we're being productive and working in a way that's best for us
What we look for:
- Experience developing iOS applications using languages like Objective-C and Swift
- A degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Worked closely across a variety of teams like product management, design, and engineering
- Comfortable using tools for iOS application performance measurement and debugging
- Technical depth that allows you quickly to fix bugs and tackle problems
- Experience implementing new features and optimizing existing ones
- Knowledge of core engineering components such as common data structures, algorithms, profiling, and testing
- Knowledge of standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation
- A detailed approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Desire to understand the customer experience of the software you're crafting
- Experience with AV-frameworks like AVFoundation is a plus, but not required