Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. The Sr. IT Helpdesk Specialist will play an integral role in an organization that is building products and online services that promise to transform the way leading global brands engage with their customers through video.
About the Team
Within the Information Technology team, you will be responsible for ensuring Brightcove employees can get their work done! The IT team works with Brightcove employees across all departments of the company globally, providing solutions that allow the company to continue moving forward!
As Sr. IT Helpdesk Specialist at Brightcove you will work closely with the rest of the IT staff on tickets, projects and any issues that may arise where IT is needed. You will play a key role in shaping how we standardize internal processes, onboarding, offboarding, etc. Your contributions will benefit not only the Brightcove platform, but the company as well! This position will require you to be in-office once Brightcove offices are open again.
The successful candidate will:
- Handle problem resolution and systems troubleshooting
- Prioritize ticket queues
- Improve and oversee the process for onboarding, account creation, etc.
- Ensuring internal troubleshooting documentation is accurate and updated
- Provide support for A/V in meetings / conference rooms / etc
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Mentor other team members on troubleshooting issues
- Act as the first escalation point for challenging helpdesk tickets
- Project-related work alongside handling day-to-day issues
- 3-5 Years working in IT
- Strong customer service skills
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Google Workspace, Okta, Jira, JAMF, Sophos, and Jumpcloud
- Experience with troubleshooting VPN client issues
- Automation and scripting experience
- Knowledge of OS installation, configuration, management, and patching
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Should be able to lift 30lbs
- Handling other duties as assigned
Nice Skills to Have
- Experience with Okta Workflows
- Experience with Jira automations
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.