Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is seeking an experienced Senior Customer Success Operations Manager to join our Customer Experience (CX) Operations organization.
You will report to our Head of CX Operations and be responsible for programmatically helping us to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success function, while optimizing our customers experience and value from Benchling. You will partner with our Head of CS to define and iterate on our CS objectives, strategy, and workflows and manage a team of CS Operations professionals to implement, enable, and measure success of our CS programs.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Customer Success Strategy
- In partnership with the Head of CS, youll define Benchlings Customer Success Service Model strategy, including the ideal customer journey, segmentation, service offerings, and touch model.
- Youll translate our CS Strategy into a roadmap that supports our objectives and key results (OKRs) and KPI targets.
Customer Success Program Management
- Youll translate our CS Strategy into a set of CS Programs, for example: Tech Touch/Digital-led CS, Customer Health, Success Planning, Risk Management, Renewal Management, and Reference Management.
- Youll design, implement, and optimize each CS Program to support our OKRs & KPI targets.
Workflow Solution Design & Implementation
- Youll own the administration and roadmap for our CS Tools/Solutions (e.g., CS Platform, Surveys, In-app Engagement Platform).
- Youll be be responsible for optimizing CSM workflows to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and the desired business outcome.
- Youll manage the solution design and implementation of workflow using both existing and new toolsets (e.g., CS Platform, In-app Engagement Platform).
- Youll partner with Product Operations and Sales Operations to ensure we have the required data and to design solutions that are efficient and effective for other functional teams involved in the workflow.
Data & Analytics
- Youll partner with our Head of CS and Finance team to analyze and forecast CS performance and provide the insights and recommendations to improve business performance.
- Youll be responsible for generating the reports and dashboards that Customer Success leaders and CSMs need to manage their book of business.
Managing & Developing Operations Talent
- Youll hire and manage a team and coach them to develop their operational skills and expertise.
- 5+ years experience in Enterprise SaaS, with 2+ years in Customer Success Operations and domain expertise in Customer Success including High Touch and Tech Touch models, preferred.
- 2+ years of direct people management experience leading Ops Managers and/or Associates, with proven ability to delegate and provide clear direction, guidance, and prioritization to direct reports.
- Direct experience designing workflows in CS Systems and owning/administering CS Systems including Customer Success Platforms (e.g., Catalyst, Gainsight), Survey Tools (e.g., GetFeedback, Survey Monkey), and In-app Engagement tools (e.g., Pendo, Gainsight, WalkMe).
- Experience implementing workflows that scale; a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get work done when workflows are not yet in place; and forward-thinking to solve for future growth and changes in the business.
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for defining and solving problems, and a customer-first orientation, a must!
- Ability to influence decision-making with leadership and executive stakeholders across the organization.
- Education in a Life Sciences discipline, and/or direct experience working with Life Sciences organizations, a plus.
- MBA or equivalent experience a plus.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.