Who we are: PathAI is a health-tech startup focused on utilizing AI-powered pathology to improve patient outcomes. PathAI applies deep learning to the medical field of pathology, which is the ground truth for most disease diagnoses including for cancer. PathAIs 220+ person cross-functional business is the global leader in AI-powered diagnostics and works with the leading biopharma companies and laboratories to improve drug development and clinical care. PathAI has raised over $250M from leading investors including: D1 Capital Partners, Kaiser Permanente, General Catalyst and General Atlantic, as well as by strategic investors like Merck, BMS, and Labcorp.
The role: The Sr. Manager of Strategic Partnerships will support collaboration opportunities between PathAI and partner organizations that will accelerate PathAIs product and commercial objectives. The primary responsibility in this role will be engaging and structuring partnership agreements between PathAI and diagnostic companies, laboratories, distribution / channel partners, data collaborators, and other companies relevant groups; note that partnerships with pharmaceutical companies are outside the scope of this role. Additionally, this role may support alliance management between PathAI and Strategic Partners, coordinating a highly cross-functional PathAI project team to execute the partnership objectives and interfacing with external counterparts.
Specifically, the Sr. Manager of Strategic Partnerships will:
- Work closely with business leadership, Product, Biopharma Partnerships, Scientific Programs, and Pathology teams to understand and prioritize partnership needs from the business, in support of the Companys strategy
- Proactively identify opportunities where a potential partners capabilities are complementary or synergistic with PathAIs technology and could create win-win collaboration opportunities
- Represent PathAI to partners externally and develop targeted material for partner presentations, including company and product overviews, and overview of business priorities
- Partner with PathAI leadership to gain internal conviction and championship for new partnership opportunities
- Generate and support negotiation of term sheets and definitive agreements for new collaborations which have been reviewed with the cross functional executive team
- Oversee alliance management for executed programs to ensure and monitor client satisfaction as well as identify further areas of collaboration opportunities
- Coordinate partner due diligence assessments collaborating with cross-functional teams
Qualifications (must have):
- Strategic problem solver: able to think through the business relevance and value of partnership with a partner, creativity to craft a win-win solution, and able to weigh tradeoffs between different partnership structures
- Clear communicator: clear, structured, logical communication; able to tailor messaging to various audiences across levels including PathAI Senior Management, PathAI working team, external partners
- Strong program / project management: comfort managing projects with numerous ongoing work streams involving a wide range of stakeholders - both internal and external
- Cross-functional collaboration: able to empathize with and work collaboratively with team members from other disciplines and backgrounds (pathology, product, engineering, legal, business development, scientific programs), to drive towards consensus. Can engage with pathologists and/or clinical leadership at lab partners as a peer.
- Entrepreneurial mindset proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics
- Eye for value: you can prioritize and think strategically about business decisions in a rapidly changing and dynamic business environment
- Industry awareness: general familiarity with trends in precision medicine and awareness of drug development and medical device processes; strong interest in AI and ML applications to healthcare
- Values: Strong moral compass
- Prior experience: negotiating complex commercial partnership agreements - data rights, IP and license rights, commercial value share, etc.
Nice to have: Prior experience in the medical device development field or in personalized medicine drug development (e.g., oncology
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
*We are open to remote work, though travel may be required. Most PathAI employees are based in the Boston area.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.