Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about designing and building tools to help your peers
We are looking for an senior engineer with an operations background, who is excited about our mission to create simple, yet powerful, tooling around our machine lifecycle and will help design and build the next generation of those systems. We will help you get familiar with our stack, understand our tools, and provide opportunities to work with open source projects. Reporting to the Engineering Manager of Systems Tooling, the Sr. Software Engineer will help us in our mission to provide tooling and automation for other teams throughout DO.
Our Stack: K8s, Go, Docker, Python, Ansible
Our Tools: Concourse, Elasticsearch, Jira, Prometheus, Slack, Chef, AWX (Ansible Tower)
Our Team: The larger team, supported by the Director of Systems, is currently made up of a diverse group of about thirty engineers located across the US, Canada, and Germany. The Tooling and Automation sub-team, supported by the Engineering Manager of Systems Tooling, accounts for approximately one-fourth of the Systems team.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Designing and building the next generation of our fleet lifecycle system
- Provide guidance to other internal users on how to best access/use our data
- Working with large data sets and the systems that provide that data
- Development of tooling and automation to reduce engineering toil
- Helping to increase the efficiency of our fleet operations
- 5-20% of your time is spent on innovation, education, and/or open source
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Experience developing, testing and shipping reliable code
- A reliability focused mindset
- Familiarity with automation and orchestration tools
- Experience designing and implementing redundant solutions at scale
- Ability to work well as part of a distributed team
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!