Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is looking for an experienced Salesforce Administrator ready to own, execute and scale the go-to-market systems. As a key member of the administration team, you will help our Salesforce instance to scale with a rapidly growing sales and post sales organization. You will also be responsible for creating world class processes when it comes to user management, deployments and implementation of our growing tech stack. Lastly, you will offer best practices and recommendations around overall system architecture, sandbox management and devops (CI/CD).
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Empower user base by supporting current functionality of Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Manage Salesforce users/roles/profiles, workflow rules, flows, validation rules and page layouts.
- Perform data loads, inserts and manipulations and help with production deployments.
- Create system operation dashboards, reports and statistics that support data driven decision making and process improvement across the organization
- Implement a sandbox, devops and deployment strategy that scales with time.
- Consult with different business areas and users to enhance and optimize Salesforce functionalities.
- Design, develop, document, test and modify on-going customization and adjustments to Salesforce.com platform. Maintain and enhance workflows, system security and functionality within the system environment and as Salesforce.com integrates with other key operational systems.
- Work with our management team to establish suitable administrative processes and change management activities.
- Administer and support installed AppExchange applications.
- Own implementation of data policies involving retention, access, accuracy and reliability.
- Minimum 5 years of Salesforce administration experience in a high-growth SaaS environment.
- Strong competency with Salesforce automations, including building flows, process builders, workflow rules, and formula fields.
- Knowledge of Apex, Lightning Web Components, SOQL is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of permissions in Salesforce; Roles and Profiles, Org-wide defaults, Sharing settings, Permission Sets.
- Deep understanding of DevOps tools like Gearset, Copado is a plus.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to foster good business relationships and collaborate with business leads and stakeholders.
- Relentless focus on doing what's right for the business. Have a willingness to take on tough projects and challenges to support growth with a roll-up your sleeves mentality.
- You work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives, creative approaches, and multiple competing deadlines. You are unfazed by ambiguity and can adapt quickly to change.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Salesforce Administrator or Advance Salesforce Administration certification required. Other Salesforce certifications are a plus.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.