The TPM team at Twitter leads cross-functional delivery of strategic technical initiatives across the company, serving Twitter’s platform. TPM at Twitter is a centralized team, staffing a diverse bench of industry leaders working across all orgs in the company. This role in particular will lead execution and delivery of Twitter’s highest priority machine learning (ML) initiatives driven by Cortex--a group of researchers, engineers, and scientists working together to build state of the art machine learning technologies within Twitter. Cortex improves Twitter by enabling advanced and ethical AI. They empower internal teams to efficiently leverage ML by providing a platform and modeling expertise, and unifying, educating, and advancing the state of the art in ML technologies within Twitter. As a Cortex TPM, you will be responsible for driving the future of Twitter’s ML platform, partnering with engineering leaders, researchers and scientists to coordinate engineering work across the org.
Who You Are
- Experienced cross-functional leader with a solid track record partnering with ML teams to define strategy and requirements
- Proficient collaborating with engineering teams to design, scope, and deliver high scale services within distributed systems
- Consistently trusted leader, able to drive large teams and executives through complex, multi-faceted data-driven decisions
- As a generalist and outcomes owner, you have the ability to fill any gap needed to deliver, including writing functional specs, project / release plans, risk mitigation strategies, and technical proposals
- Thrive amid ambiguity, able to influence peers / managers toward shared vision and forward progress
- Tireless multitasker, with capacity to own and execute multiple large programs simultaneously
- A role model, coach and mentor to others, with an eye on team productivity and helping others succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Lead technical delivery of company-wide initiatives in support of Twitter’s ML Platform
- Partner with all program stakeholders and lead execution from strategic objective to delivery
- Identify gaps / areas of risk, and build solutions / mitigation plans to increase the robustness of the platform
- Partner with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Researchers, Scientists, Tech Leads, and Strategy & Operations to ensure teams meet their schedule targets by implementing industry best practices in program and project management and roadmap delivery, creating novel solutions where appropriate.
- Partner with leadership and technical leads to deliver solutions that meet engineering and business requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science / engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years as a TPM, ML researcher, applied scientist, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or related discipline
- Experience working with several different development methodologies and productivity tools
- Consistent track record of shipping products at scale, with broad customer impact
- Experience building or managing work on highly-available, scalable software products and services
- Proven ability to identify and resolve systemic issues in both software and people systems
- Interest and capacity to mentor TPMs and champion growth
- Passionate interest in Twitter’s products and mission, and about the role machine learning could play towards advancing them.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.