The Staff Accountant will assist in the accounting operations of the Companys growing business by helping us with payroll, revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable and various general ledger activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting degree and experience in a highgrowth technology company. This is an important role with high visibility throughout the organization.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for recording revenue under ASC 606 on a monthly basis for the Companys Direct-to-consumer Agency business
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist in the processing of payables, including coding and obtaining business approval
- Manage lease accounting under ASC 842
- Assist with M&A transactions under ASC 805
- Maintaining, process and verify payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assist with coding and processing of Accounts Payable invoices
- Assist with preparation of payment runs including obtaining necessary invoice approvals
- Maintaining process and verify commissions on a bi-weekly and monthly basis, including working closely with outside departments.
- Reconcile cash receipts and research any discrepancies
- Liaise with external auditors to provide necessary documentation
- Communicate results to key Company personnel
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly general ledger close on a timely basis.
- Documenting processes for all tasks, including improving processes through automation where available.
- Other Ad-Hoc tasks
Desired skills and experience:
- 2.5+ years of related accounting experience, B.S. in Accounting
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with large data sets and advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc.), including using data sets in more powerful tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Basic understanding of acquisition accounting
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP and/or MineralTree preferred but not required
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but dont let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.