PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
This role will be a key member of the PathAI Finance team and will work closely with the Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, and VP of Finance to maintain operational success in our accounting processes.
Specifically, the Staff Accountant will:
- Facilitate the accounts payable process, including bill entry and GL coding and manage vendor relationships. Assist in identifying process enhancements for new vendor registration and purchase order creation.
- Execute and communicate monthly reporting on spend and analyze trends by department, category, etc.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with People Operations team to prepare and run company-wide payroll. Perform reconciliations of payroll to the GL and provide reporting on headcount to leadership.
- Assist with the month-end close process including preparing balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis
- Participate in the execution of the external financial statement audit, and prepare supporting account reconciliations and other audit requests
- Support both Finance and Accounting functions with ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will have a degree in accounting and the right mix of accounting experience and the desire to learn the operations of the business. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that can help us achieve effective and efficient operational processes.
Specific qualifications include:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting role, 1-2 years in public accounting strongly desired
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to help make strategic decisions
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bookkeeping, Accounts Payable, and payroll experience are a plus
*This position will be based out of our Boston, MA office.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.