The Big Data - Messaging & Streaming Platforms team is responsible for the technologies powering application and Big Data use cases that create an exceptional experience for Wayfair customers. Our team is looking for smart, passionate, and curious people who are excited to help us scale our distributed messaging and streaming platforms. With the broad set of technologies we are using and the scale at which our systems operate, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and be exposed to new people and ideas who work on a diverse set of cutting-edge technologies. If you are driven by leading and growing teams to engineer extremely large deployments of high-volume systems, envision technology as leverage to maintain such systems, and have a knack for transforming stakeholder requirements into highly-valuable software deliverables, we should talk.
As a Software Engineering Manager on the Messaging & Streaming Platforms team, you will be primarily responsible for leading a team in transforming our discrete technology offering into a supportable platform of services for our stakeholders. Your contributions will ensure the continued growth, health, and availability of a platform made up of:
- 70 clusters deployed globally across 6 data centers
- 20 Million published messages/second average
- 33,000 Topics with ~600TB data
What Youll Do
- Lead the grooming, planning, and execution of engineering deliverables
- Coordinate with Product Management to collect requirements from stakeholders and transform them into actionable engineering tasks
- Coordinate with senior leaders to develop and maintain a technical roadmap
- Build a capable team with strong leadership through effective headcount planning, hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement
What Youll Need
- Mastery leading or managing a team of software engineers and delivery of platforms
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Ability to understand shifting requirements and articulate deliverable adjustments
- Strong technical acumen to apply first-principles thinking to proposed solutions
- Understanding of systems maintenance to deliver scalable automation
- Experience in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
- Mastery in designing systems at scale
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.