The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to the development of Cloud Native products based on Kubernetes, with experience in continuous delivery, autonomation and systems administration. Ideal candidates will take pride in reaching high degrees of maintainability and automation, supporting engineers, software engineers, and customers daily lives.
- Work with our Engineering teams to ensure our distributed applications and infrastructure are reliable, secure, safe, scalable, and available
- Support software development processes via CI/CD pipelines and autonomation (jidoka) focus
- Ensure performance, quality, business continuity, observability, and compliance
- Drive successful product and engineering projects to production/release by creating tools our team can use to do their jobs more efficiently
- Document solutions, architectural patterns, and best practices to ensure that developers have guidance and insight as needed.
- Work closely with development and support teams to solve production escalation cases and participate in post escalation reviews to document learnings and take actions to improve existing processes continuously.
- 2+ years of experience working as Infrastructure Engineer, Automation Engineer, Devops, Release Engineer, Systems Administrator, or Software Engineer in complex distributed production environments
- Deep experience with CI/CD pipelines, release management, and understanding of Github actions
- Experience with Linux administration and Bash/Python scripting
- Experience with Kubernetes administration, preferably with relevant certifications from CNCF such as Certified Kubernetes Administrator and Certified Kubernetes Security
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Advanced skills in Git, repository management, and Infrastructure as Code using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Experience with network security (firewalls, vnps, TLS, etc.) and data protection (encryption at rest, access control, etc.)
- Good written and spoken English Language skills
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
- Experience with chaos engineering
- Familiarity with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL and database workload benchmarking
- Advanced knowledge in network protocols, and sound skills in systems and network administration (storage, advanced networking, load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with at least one vendor-supported container orchestration platforms based on Kubernetes, both public (such as EKS, AKS, and GKE) and private (such as Red Hat OpenShift or Rancher)
- Experience with programming in Go language
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Lean thinking, and DevOps culture
- Direct contribution to Open Source projects in the Cloud Native space
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.