Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home.
As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
About The Team
Wayfair is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. We live and breathe modern technologies. Were looking for smart, innovative thinkers who can produce and advocate for scalable designs of our federated GraphQL infrastructure and tooling. We are as much concerned about thought leadership, community involvement, and the ever-changing landscape as we are with senior technical skills!
As a Staff Engineer youll have a multitude of opportunities to flex your strengths, as well as learn new things as we reinvent the future of our existing GraphQL design and implementation. The GraphQL team is responsible for building out the design, tooling, and best practices that will enable our thousands of engineers to build robust, scalable, and performant graph endpoints to the delight of our customers and millions of daily requests.
What Youll Do:
- Design and implement flexible, robust, and scalable GraphQL APIs including the infrastructure and developer tooling to support them
- Be a visionary leader providing guidance and mentorship to teammates across the organization on GraphQL and Apollo Federation design and development
- Work closely with our partners at Apollo to build a best-in-class GraphQL Federation platform
- Design, develop, document, and create best practices for the next version of our Federated GraphQL schema
- Make open source contributions to further Wayfairs platform needs while contributing to and driving community efforts forward
What Youll Need:
- 6+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems
- 4+ years of experience building tooling in NodeJS
- 2+ years of experience building and designing scalable GraphQL APIs
- Experience structuring and implementing complex data models and schema design
- A proven track record of microservice architectural design and API development
- Java development experience a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.