Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
As we continue to rapidly grow, we are in need of a Staff Engineer to join the Pre-Visit Pillar of Engineering. The Pre-Visit Pillar is responsible for building out the Pre-Visit product as it becomes an established new line of business for Cedar. Building with the Pre-Visit team as a Staff Engineer involves the following opportunities:
- Driving new technology adoption for the rest of Cedar through greenfield development in the newest part of Cedars stack.
- Collaborating with multiple teams of hardworking engineers, product managers, product designers, and data scientists, sharing ideas cross-functionally about the vision for the Pre-Visit product.
- Leading the development of multiple high-impact projects at once as a key code contributor and domain expert, delegating work, and taking ownership of outcomes.
- Mentoring engineers at a variety of levels. Be a role model and trusted advisor for passionate and driven team members.
- Owning high impact architecture changes and projects spanning multiple teams as a technical leader.
- Driving org-level changes to improve existing processes, infrastructure, architecture, business problems, developer happiness, etc. Think broadly about opportunities to level-up the engineering org.
Cedars pre-visit product is in the beta phase of development, so our team regularly engages deeply with our clients and rapidly iterates on product and technical ideas, while still maintaining ownership of the overall vision for the product. Were seeking people who are excited about innovation in healthcare, have solid technical skills, and are comfortable working with ambiguity!
Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.
What we look for in a candidate:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience leading sophisticated engineering projects across teams
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or similar experience
- Experience mentoring engineers across levels
- Experience owning a business-critical application, standing up sophisticated systems that have multiple external integration points and customizable multi stage workflows, and building for supportability and long-term maintenance
- Ability to help the team ship by guiding teammates through making practical tradeoffs in high stakes situations, and jumping in to help get through a prod blocker
- Deep knowledge of Python internals
- Ability to debug complex issues involving subtle interactions between multiple systems and libraries
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts simply
- Deep knowledge of Django internals.
- Experience influencing cross-functional decision making across product and design teams.
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- Remote optional opportunity
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to have major impact on the direction of a critical new product in Cedars suite, directly impacting the growth of our company; we value all comments and suggestions.
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Staff Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa