The Personalized Product Recommendation team builds services and platforms that allow our customers to discover & buy the products they love. Just last year alone our team has contributed to hundreds of millions in incremental revenue. We do this by leveraging Wayfairs extensive customer and product data to deliver trusted and valuable recommendations in real-time using custom machine learning models. We productionalize these ML models as microservices and build data pipelines necessary for inference and model training.
Our service is used across storefront and marketing channels and is called over a billion times a day. Some of the important placements where our service is being used are Superbrowse, PDP, Hot deals, Home page, Batch email, Retargeting, etc. Our service needs to support both the real time customer traffic and batch email jobs which presents unique challenges in scalability, throughput and response times.
Were looking for an experienced staff engineer to join our team to help drive our multiple high visible initiatives. The first initiative is Adaptive sort platform with the goal to provide a reliable platform that helps create configurable recommendation solutions that address business goals and objectives to improve CLV(Customer Lifetime Value) and profitability. The second one is to improve our personalization algorithms to include style and other customer preferences. And third is a technology transformation from our python based service to the newly re-architected Java based service.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership to a focused team of 5 - 10 engineers
- Work with a broader highly collaborative cross-functional team that includes product managers, data scientists, and analysts.
- Own the technical vision for your workstream.
- Work with a variety of technologies, including Java, Python, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Aerospike, Airflow, RESTful web services, gRPC, Kubernetes, and GCP.
- Build platforms and services that allow us to make realtime ML powered decisions.
- Deliver direct measurable results for our business and customers through improved product recommendations and search results.
What You'll Need
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related engineering discipline
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior engineer or technical lead role.
- Experience developing and designing scalable distributed systems with deep understanding of architectural and design patterns, object oriented design, modern program languages.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, data scientists, analysts and business stakeholders.
- Passion for mentoring and leading peer engineers.
- Designing and developing recommendation systems and productionalizing ML models for real time decisions, large-scale data processing and event-driven systems and technologies is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.