The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Candidate note: We're open to candidates based near our Bedford, MA or Bracknell, UK offices or working remotely in the US, UK, or EU.
EDB is looking for a Senior Engineer, Vulnerability Management to lead the design and deployment of vulnerability scanning solutions across product development, conduct continuous monitoring process improvement activities and be responsible for managing the discovery, analysis, tracking, and remediation of vulnerabilities across our Product Development team.
- Own and drive the Vulnerability Management and Continuous Monitoring strategy across the Product Development team
- Be the advocate for the EDB vulnerability management and continuous monitoring program including, recommending appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities to reduce potential impacts and broadening awareness of security best practices
- Understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration
- Assist internal teams with prioritizing the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of the environment's risk level, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats
- Work with internal teams to automate vulnerability scan, analysis, validation and remediation activities
- Maintain and provide a detailed register of all open vulnerabilities, exceptions and remediation actions to ensure to ensure continuous security coverage of the risk coverage
- 6+ years professional experience in IT and/or Cybersecurity, with at least 3 years focusing on either vulnerability management or application security.
- Understanding of database software development approaches and how they can be secured through changes in application development, security software tools and integration best practices
- Knowledge of vulnerability management processes and tools to include scanning, patching, hardening, configuration, and risk management, including compliance reporting
- Proficiency with Vulnerability Management Tools (e.g. BlackDuck, SonarQube, DependaBot)
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree in Information Security, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Understanding of open source software security, cloud native technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes and other public cloud deployments
- Experience working with Jira and GitHub
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including testing and the development of exploits
- Solid understanding of Database technologies and development
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.