We are seeking a Staff Product Designer. Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. On the Product Design and Research team, we embrace this vision (and our pets!). We craft experiences that delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) and empower them to keep their pets happy and healthy. As a team of hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving designers, researchers, and builders, were looking for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
What You'll Do:
- Transform customer and business objectives into compelling products that have purpose, simplicity, and are feasible to build.
- Lead innovative and systems thinking across a range of products, platforms, and devices with a bias for action and a customer focus.
- Guide the design process from end to end: Discovery and concept ideation, flows and wireframes, and full-fidelity prototype designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers.
- Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products while building a culture of invention and innovation.
- Clearly present your design process, inspiration, and decisions to stakeholders, including C-suite executives.
- Nurture Chewys culture and principles within the group, and set new standards for executional and operational excellence.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- 4+ years of experience leading large-scale initiatives and mentoring designers in your area of expertise.
- A track record of designing high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Achieved mastery of a core set of design skills in interaction design, information architecture, and user interface design.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that clearly communicate complex concepts across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions inside and outside your own product area.
- Bachelors degree (or an equivalent degree) in Design, HCI, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- Position may require travel and will require time in the local office.
As an expert in user experience design, you turn your deep knowledge of our customers into products that deliver compelling value for the customer and the business. You have an eye for detail while always communicating a broad vision to inspire your team and stakeholders. You continuously raise the design bar and use customer and business metrics to hold yourself accountable.
You build trust across the organization by helping others achieve their goals. Those trusted relationships help you push the boundaries of design and product innovation to benefit the customer. Your expertise, high judgment, and openness to collaboration influences people inside and outside the design organization.
Operate at Depth
You recognize opportunities for design to drive change, and you have the judgment to choose between evolutionary and revolutionary solutions. Your judgment allows you to make smart trade-offs and compelling arguments to ensure the best outcome for the customer. When you see an issue, you act quickly and take ownership to resolve it.
Build High-Performing Teams
You consider it your calling to build a deep expertise in design techniques and help coach others is your calling. You stay on top of new tools and trends to pioneer new design methods that continuously improve our design quality and impact. Your work and style encourages innovation and risk-taking in a safe environment to drive team learning.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.