We provide Security and Privacy & Data Protection at Twitter. We support a portfolio of tools for teams across the company to ensure the services they build comply with Security requirements & PDP regulations. This includes both indirectly supporting external features and directly supporting internal customer needs.
Our customers are PM’s and engineers at Twitter, whether they are building or supporting clients, backend services, libraries, data pipelines, machine learning models, and so on.
The Platform Product organization is a critical team that we’ve assembled recently to provide direction and a product lens on all the work the platform organization does at Twitter, from data to analytics, storage to graph technologies, to networking and data centers. With every product we ship to our internal customers, we provide an enabling environment for the consumer and revenue team to build exciting experiences for our customers.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Developing a vision for data platform that supports the mission of Twitter of serving the public conversation
- Advising on new feature development, product roadmaps, research, and other key critical initiatives
- Providing a particular focus on delivering new capabilities to our product managers
- Proactively identifying potential gaps/risk areas and opportunities for driving cross-functional collaboration in these areas, such as developing product offering;
- Creating aspirational goals and partnering closely with consumer and revenue Product and Engineering to identify and execute on a roadmap that unlock capabilities for our partner organizations
By working together, we create the most capable and cost-efficient platform in an innovative, experiment-rich, and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
Your role is to understand our customers, all 1500+ engineers and data scientists at Twitter, capture insights, see opportunities, and help prioritize work for developing and managing the portfolio of products and policies that further our Security and Privacy by Design philosophy. You will help ensure all our solutions are executed in a privacy-compliant way while staying abreast of all applicable data protection and privacy laws, including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), burgeoning US regulatory policies such as CCPA, or industry-led policies. You will partner cross-functionally to put an appropriate compliance framework in place to ensure we’re developing and deploying products, infrastructure and policies that adhere to our leading privacy-first practices. This role will also lead the definition, launch, roll-out, and ongoing improvement of these solutions with responsibility for guiding feature development. You will:
- Convey your vision through bold product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders and software engineers, and participate in all levels of team planning.
- Create and maintain concrete, quantitative, and descriptive profiles of customers and their needs. These include mobile developers, web developers, core service backend developers, and machine learning data scientists.
- Develop a product portfolio with a clear roadmap and hold team accountable to delivering against that roadmap
- Review existing processes and identify gaps in the solution set and recommend improvements and see the changes through
- Work with Security teams, Data Management, Data Science, Legal, Product and Engineering teams to design and validate solutions to the most important customer problems, as they evolve over time.
- Have an opportunity to build out a team of product managers to scale your impact across the organization.
Who You Are:
- You obsess over building products people love.
- You have a track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship great enterprise products.
- You have experience building an understanding of customers, and rapidly iterating to figure out how to serve their needs and solve their problems (via rapid prototyping, concept testing, experimentation, etc)
- You have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, are a self starter and an analytical problem solver.
- You care. You believe Twitter should obsess about privacy, so we continue to protect our customers’ data. Your curiosity drives you to understand the impact that product changes may have on Twitter’s diverse customer base and makes you a natural advocate for their needs.
- You are a strategic problem solver and valued collaborator; you are just as comfortable strategizing and leading as you are diving into the details of product work when circumstances require it.
- You facilitate critical conversations with ease; you have no trouble working with and juggling the (at times) competing priorities of multiple teams operating in different countries.
- You approach problems with multiple solutions in mind, and quickly pivot when needed to better account for newly-discovered data and insight.
- You have an entrepreneurial mentality and are flexible, self-motivated, dedicated, and hard-working. You actively recognize needs, resolve problems, anticipate issues, and develop solutions.
- You build and cultivate healthy relationships with partners and keep teammates informed and engaged. You customize your communication style based on your audience and easily switch between verbal and written communication as needed.
- You are open to international travel and have an appreciation and respect for the norms of cultures other than your own.
- proven experience working in data privacy, user privacy, or data management of which at least 5 spent in a product role.
- Knowledge of the current privacy landscape and the regulatory requirements affecting digital advertising, including GDPR and CCPA.
- A history of building lasting cross-functional partnerships with both internal and external groups, especially Engineering, Product, Security, and Legal.
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering background with actual hands on experience
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision.
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities are a must.
- You have a get-stuff-done attitude, have great positive energy, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You are passionate about technology and can keep up with the latest trends in the field.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.