Senior Software Engineer
Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home.
As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
Who We Are:
The B2B Tools & Services team develops key solutions for our business customers. These web experiences are tailored to the customers unique needs around planning, purchasing, and order tracking. The team has a long backlog of large and exciting product additions that will keep the team busy for many years to come.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a technical leader and drive the future roadmap for the B2B Tools and Services team
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product, engineering and business to understand pain points and drive initiatives forward
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to other engineers and help develop their skills while contributing with them on a variety of projects
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives to develop near term goals and technical objectives
- Drive software development initiatives and API development
- Advocate for automation, quality, performance and scalability
- Show a passion for innovation and results by achieving them
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Hands-on experience driving software transformations within high-growth environments at scale
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Experience with Kubernetes, Java, containerization, microservices and front end frameworks like ReactJS preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.