Staff Software Engineer FrontEnd Content Platform
Chewy is hiring an Staff Software Engineer FrontEnd for our Content Platform team in Minneapolis, MN Or Boston , MA Or Seattle, WA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for Chewy Customers. The role will allow you to act as a Individual Contributor part of a team of strong engineers building services for expanding content targeting across all key pages (PDP, ELP, account, navigation, NMA), launch content authoring & delivery Engine to allow for full operationalization of targeting as an evergreen strategy used to drive high value actions (HVA) and improve the overall site experience for Chewy customers. At Chewy, Staff Software Engineer are constantly innovating, developing frameworks, establishing governance and defining the architecture for our next generation platforms. They understand our business goals, collaborate with other leaders, innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and high-value functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a Staff Software Engineer at Chewy? You need to be innovative, creative, responsible, and curious while leading a team of engineers to move quickly to deliver results for our customers. Youre excited about designing and implementing solutions that scale and engage customers to understand whats needed to meet their needs. Youre able to think about platforms, architecture, design principles, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our service architecture in the course of a single conversation. Youre looking work with engineering leadership and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement your vision.
What Youll Do
- You will have responsibility over major components of Chewys Content architecture and platform both development and operational needs. You will be the go-to engineer for your part of the platform
- Apply vision, strategy, and thought leadership to impact Chewy, at scale
- Evolve and grow world-class Chewy Content targetting experience, serving millions of hits to serve the content in the Site
- Immerse yourself in imagining and providing cutting-edge solutions to build high-performance, low-latency web and mobile-web experiences
- Have a relentless focus on scalability, latency, performance robustness, and cost trade-offs -- especially those present in highly virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environments
- Apply rigorous analysis to identify issues affecting customer experience and iterative improve features
- Alongside a dedicated site reliability team to develop and support smooth 24x7 operation of our applications
- Set engineering excellence to the team and have the drive to focus on scalability, resiliency, high availability & performance of applications
- Actively mentor engineers, build and foster a strong engineering team culture and be a key contributor in raising the bar of the engineering org
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership in making data driven decisions
- Champion quality initiatives and best practices to enable the team to continue to develop high quality, maintainable, and performant code
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Display excellent verbal and written communication and be able to convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner, particularly written communications
What You'll Need
- 15+ years of industry work experience
- 12+ years of experience leading and developing large scale projects and initiatives
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Strong expert experience in cloud native technology stack (AWS) and service-oriented architecture
- Clear understanding of emerging technologies and ability to apply those principles in solving critical business needs
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another related field
- Strong engineering background building products that are ecommerce scale
- Prior roles in Ecommerce or in technology companies
- Experience working with AWS technologies
- Experience in building high performance systems
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].