What You Will Do:
- Provide technical leadership for a team of 20+ software engineers responsible for the platforms that model the supply chain capabilities across Wayfair and third-party partners, building streams to capture change events in our network, services to pre-compute customer-facing dates, and APIs for teams to access the pre-computed data.
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services. Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team and across the broader Fulfillment Optimization org.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Identify and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to accelerate developer velocity within our teams.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers across Fulfillment Optimization.
- Contribute to the technical development of engineers by mentoring and coaching them through learning opportunities.
What Youll Need
- Broad experience architecting and implementing robust, distributed web applications and event-based systems (10+ years or equivalent track-record).
- Track-record of bringing new technical innovations to production environments
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Authoring.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging distributed infrastructure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience leveraging monitoring and logging technologies (e.g. DataDog, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.).
- Experience with various data serialization formats (i.e. Avro, Parquet, protobufs, etc.) and analytical databases (i.e. BigQuery, Presto, Hive, etc.).
- Preferably, familiarity with machine-learning or data-science techniques.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.