An Introduction to our Engineering Team:
We empower the problem solvers of the world to create solutions for themselves and their company. Our customers are passionate about streamlining their scattered information and processes, and we are passionate about providing our customers a simple, powerful platform to create applications that are just right for them.
About the team:
Reporting to our VP of Platform Operations, our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking to add you to help us continue the best-in-class operation of the Quickbase platform and the advancement of our DevOps culture. You will work within the SRE team and across our engineering organization to help us holistically deliver software that is secure, compliant, reliable, high quality, scalable and considerate of technical debt. We’re working on bringing our core platform into a fully cloud native environment.
Some of our upcoming projects:
- Migrating the Quickbase platform from a combination of co-location and public cloud hosted infrastructure/services to entirely hosted in public clouds.
- Evolving the platform infrastructure and services to be fully cloud native (elastic).
- Preparing the platform to support multiple instances in support of governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) requirements.
- Supporting multiple initiatives to continuously improve the reliability, performance, and scalability of the platform.
What We're Looking For in Your Profile:
- You thrive on being part of a capable, caring, and hard-working team, helping others and being helped, mentoring and teaching, continuously improving, and leading and executing positive change
- You have years of hands-on software engineering experience creating, maintaining, and scaling cloud-based web services and public cloud infrastructure supporting a high-volume website
- Experience with hybrid hosted software (some co-located, some public cloud), and migrating legacy services to public clouds
- You have specific experience demonstrating a holistic approach to software engineering - delivering valuable functionality with security, reliability, quality, scale, and performance
- You promote solutions that can be used consistently, platform-wide, by all teams and services, not just one team
- You have created and promoted observable software and have deep experience using full stack monitoring tools (e.g., Datadog, Dynatrace, New Relic), and log analysis tools (Splunk, ELK)
- You are willing to be part of an on-call rotation and help with planned work on some nights or weekends
- You are proficient in English both verbal and written
Specific Technology Experience:
· You have expert level experience in at least one of the following listed compiled and scripting languages:
o Compiled Languages: Java, C++
· You have hands on experience with at least one of the following technologies listed in each category:
o Public Clouds: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
o Cloud SDKs: AWS, Google, Java, Python
o Infrastructure as Code: AWS CloudFormation, GCP Deployment Manager, Azure Resource Manager, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
o Containers/Container Orchestration: Docker, AWS ECS, GCP Containers, Azure Container Service, Kubernetes
o CI/CD Tools and Orchestration: Git/GitHub, Artifactory/Nexus, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy
o Full Stack Monitoring: Datadog, Dynatrace, New Relic, or others
o Log Analysis: Splunk, ELK, or others
o Operating Systems: RedHat/CentOS Linux, Amazon Linux, Microsoft Windows Server
o Relational Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Growth and mentoring opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-wide hackathons in Boston, USA
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Job-specific trainings and regular team buildings
- Robust benefits package with a generous 401(k) match
- Health and wellness reimbursements and office gym
- Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community