CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
CreateMe is seeking an expert and highly skilled Systems Engineer such as yourself to be a part of a dynamic and innovative R&D department in the Bay Area. You would be a part of a team of Electrical, Robotic, Software, Firmware, and Mechanical Engineers developing automation technology in the apparel manufacturing space. You will lead the integration of manufacturing components and subsystems into a revolutionary E2E apparel manufacturing solution. In addition, you will work with the Advanced Manufacturing team to architect and implement smart factory solutions that tie together business operations and manufacturing capabilities. Your energy and leadership will help drive innovation and provide success through our development and commercialization process.
- Lead system-level architecture discussions and technical roadmap development
- Work with the Advanced Manufacturing team to integrate manufacturing hardware into a smart factory system
- Specify and select system-level components and product families that support the long-term goals of the Industrial hardware platforms
- Provide technical input to subsystem design teams to ensure all systems will work cohesively through participation in design reviews and close work with all engineering teams
- Translate business needs into technical requirements by working with marketing and product management teams
- Prepare cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage
- Write system specification documents to communicate requirements to internal engineering partners and external vendors and integrators
- Provide technical leadership and problem resolution during all phases of system development
- Lead system-level demonstrations and FAT/SAT/Commissioning activities
- Support hand-off of validated systems to advanced manufacturing including training and documentation.
- Mentoring other associates within the team
- Engineering degree in a related discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Mechatronics, Robotics, or other related degrees
- 15+ years of experience with industrial hardware design, automated manufacturing systems, controls engineering, robotic manufacturing systems
- Experience in an automated manufacturing factory environment with direct responsibility for automated assembly lines, robotic systems, and factory management systems
- Experience integrating systems involving PLC, PC control, IoT devices, including SCADA systems
- Experience in managing external suppliers and vendors for the design and manufacturing of custom automation equipment
- Knowledge of machine standards such as OSHA, CE, ISO, UL
- Ability to travel to equipment vendor locations (domestic or international) for design reviews and FAT, occasionally
- PLC and HMI programming experience
- Software experience Python, VB, C (C, C++, C#), Java, etc.
- Machine vision or computer vision experience applied to industrial automation systems
- Masters or Ph.D. in a related field of engineering
- Demonstrated history of multiple completed projects and products.
- Being in a leadership role to help drive company decisions and direction
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Robotic applications experience
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.