The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Strategic Account Executive
Note: This person can be located anywhere in the U.S.
We seek a seasoned sales professional to join our Strategic Enterprise team. As a Strategic Account Executive, youll partner with existing high-profile clients to understand and anticipate their needs, drive upsell opportunities, and establish EDB as critical to their success. Is a growth mindset baked into your DNA? Do you understand how to build a business case, stay prominent, use resources properly, and manage complex deals through the sales lifecycle? If so, we want to speak with you!
- Become a prominent resource to our Enterprise customers by defining and executing sales plans that will enable their success
- Qualify a subset of assigned accounts through a strong understanding of each companys IT organization, strategic applications, DevOps initiatives, database install base, and vital IT initiatives
- Build business cases to establish value; develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates EDBs ability to meet the customers strategic objectives
- Meet and exceed quota through qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities with existing clients
- Grow existing customer share and expand into net new programs
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team-based selling efforts with internal stakeholders on a quarterly and annual basis
- 10+ years of enterprise software sales success selling to executives and CIOs
- Ability to identify new revenue opportunities, conduct market research, and anticipate customer needs
- A strong command of the IT space (to assist in the ability to qualify and prioritize IT software development projects)
- Experience with myriad types of customer conversations; the ability to shift and evolve from a general technical focus up to more complex strategic discussions at the upper echelons of the business (executives)
- A proven capacity to manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work collaboratively with other members of the sales organization (SDRs, Sales Engineers, Customer Success Managers)
- Solid presentation skills (to collaborate with Sales Engineers and present pre-sales demos and assessments)
- A willingness to build out an ever-expanding knowledge of our products, competitors, and industry trends
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast paced multi-task driven environment
- Perpetual curiosity around problem solving
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
- Travel required (post pandemic): ~25%
- Relational database experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, & SQL Server)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.